[CCWG-ACCT] Definition of public policy advice from the GAC

Bedavyasa Mohanty bedavyasam at orfonline.org
Fri Oct 30 08:22:49 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Thank you for this. I have a slightly related question.

This
<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20121024_is_icann_stumbling_forward_gac_advice/>
article, takes the instance of the GAC Toronto Communique and claims that
the GAC is moving towards a 'layered system' for its formal interactions
with the Board. GAC's advice then is either in the form of 'GAC
encouragement, GAC request or GAC advice.' This would indicate varying
degrees of emphasis in GAC's advice on separate issues.

My question is, has the GAC ever come to a formal/informal understanding on
this? If this has been recorded anywhere, I'd really appreciate being
directed to it.

​warmly,​

Bedavyasa Mohanty
*Junior Fellow*