[CCWG-ACCT] Please review regarding IAB comments on Mission Statement

Dr Eberhard W Lisse epilisse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:06:10 UTC 2015

No court outside the US and perhaps in the US will give a dead rat's fuzzy behind.

And I am amazed at saying it makes sense to the (technical) community asking for it but nix it because alledgely courts are too stupid to understand.

My inderstanding is that courts figure stuff out...

And the rest as Nigel rightly points out are tactics too.

Since when has a court accepted "because I say so" as foundation in law? Even if ICANN is trying this again and again.

Courts in common law jurisdictions will consider a TLD to be property or not as they see fit.

ICANN has ABSOLUTELY no role with regards to ccTLDs, in particular those before ICANN (unless there is a contract). Never mind this primacy nonsense...

To combine Paul's search for a better term with Roelof's point that it doesn't belong here, I would propose to ask the IAB for clarification on both.

el

--
Sent from Dr Lisse's iPhone 5s