[CCWG-ACCT] Proposed WHOIS language

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Sep 2 11:49:29 UTC 2015

Hello Jordan,

>>  On a procedural point - Bruce, the CCWG's second proposal does recommend that the AOC be drawn to a close.

My comment: ”Note the Board has no plans to cancel the current AoC - so the language in the AoC -  still stands until the community and NTIA wish to change it. “   was intended to convey that the Board had no plans to unilaterally make any changes.

Assuming  the chartering organisations for the CCWG support the working groups's recommendation to cancel the AoC – then that would meet my statement that the “community” want to change it.

I would assume this would happen after the NTIA endorses the proposal, and after the bylaws changes have been approved by the Board etc.  ie cancelling the AoC would be a clean up after all the other changes are implemented.

I hope that clarifies.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin