[CCWG-ACCT] Your input needed - Doodle poll - Sept F2F

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Sep 3 12:23:19 UTC 2015

On 03/09/2015 13:09, Roelof Meijer wrote:
> All,
>
> I am of the opinion that a public (but bilateral) meeting with the
> board, who will after all take the formal decision on the CCWG proposal
> and will be responsible for that, is perfectly normal and should be
> considered as part of a sensible, legitimate procedure

I agree, although I will find it very difficult to make the dates
suggested, and very regretable to miss it.

That said, as for "the board, who will after all take the formal
decision on the CCWG proposal", it is worth reminding ourselves that we
have been promised a form of co-decision on this, pursuant to the Board
resolution of 16th October 2014

https://la51.icann.org/en/schedule/thu-board/transcript-board-16oct14-en.pdf

(See pages 13-17 of the transcript)

So this process is complete when we and the Board have reached
agreement. It does not conclude with the Board taking a final decision
that may vary from our proposal, and which we may not accept: they may
of course disagree with our proposal, but if they reject it the process
continues until we reach a resolution.

Malcolm.
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929