[CCWG-ACCT] Blog: Upcoming Comments from the ICANN Board to the ICG and CCWG-Accountability

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Tue Sep 8 04:29:43 UTC 2015

Original link:
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-th
e-icg-and-ccwg-accountability

Upcoming Comments from the ICANN Board to the ICG and CCWG-Accountability
 <https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-
the-icg-and-ccwg-accountability#>
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-t
he-icg-and-ccwg-accountability#>
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-t
he-icg-and-ccwg-accountability#>
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-t
he-icg-and-ccwg-accountability#>
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-t
he-icg-and-ccwg-accountability#>
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/upcoming-comments-from-the-icann-board-to-t
he-icg-and-ccwg-accountability#>
This is a very important week as we work towards the end of phase one of the
IANA Stewardship Transition. With both the ICG and CCWG-Accountability
public comments coming to a close, the ICANNBoard plans to submit comments
into each process.
Firstly, the Board will submit comments on the ICG IANA Stewardship
Transition Proposal. We are very appreciative of all the hard work done by
the ICG members and the three operational communities to produce the ICG
proposal. The main focus of our comments will be on the implementation of
the proposals by ICANN as the current IANA Functions Operator.
Secondly, as discussed extensively
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/working-together-through-the-last-mile>
over the past week, the ICANN Board will submit comments on the
CCWG-Accountability 2nd Draft Proposal on Enhancing ICANN Accountability.
These inputs will include:
* Comments on the mission and core values; and
* Suggested enhancements of elements of the draft report; and
* A matrix of the key elements proposed by the CCWG-Accountability
highlighting the elements of alignment between the Board and the
CCWG-Accountability as well as the elements where the Board has suggested
enhancements.
We thank the community for their consideration of our comments and continued
trust in the multistakeholder process that has got us this far. The
continued back and forth of ideas and opinions is how we will together build
the strongest proposal for the IANA Stewardship Transition, and we look
forward to the next steps in the process and encourage all interested
parties to submit their comments before the deadline.