[CCWG-ACCT] Blog: Working Together Through The Last Mile

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Tue Sep 8 18:15:39 UTC 2015

To quote myself:

On 2015-09-03 15:00 , Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
> Should we not perhaps await the outcome of the engagement first?
[...]

But some say past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

I am, myself, a firm believer that past behavior is a good predictor
of future behavior.

And some of us have been burned, while some of us have had to watch
others being burned.

Never mind that there is nothing in any or the transition related
proposals that helps to prevent this from happening again, I doubt
that we are achieving future-proofness.

el

On 2015-09-08 19:31 , James M. Bladel wrote:
> Disagree, Nigel.  It¹s not about the past, but rather an effort
> to future-proof the organization against individuals & groups we
> haven¹t event met yet.
>
> Thanks‹
>
> J.
>

> On 9/8/15, 11:59 ,
> "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on behalf of
> Nigel Roberts" <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org
> on behalf of nigel at channelisles.net> wrote:
>
>> Roelof
>>
>> You are a smart guy.  You are open and ready to trust.  These are
>> admirable qualities.
>>
>> But ICANN, as a collective entity, to those of us who were there
>> at its beginnings needs to continually prove it is worthy of
>> trust.
>>
>> Because back then, it wasn't.
>>
>> And some of us remember.
[...]