[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding the Board's Comments and It's Obligations

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Tue Sep 8 17:28:27 UTC 2015

All

In preparation for our call today, I wanted to share with you the following
that I pulled from the hearing that the Senate Commerce Committee held
earlier this year:

***

The Chairman:  Will the ICANN Board send a proposal to NTIA that lessens the
Board's power or authority?

Mr. Chehade:  We will if the community and the stakeholders present us with
a proposal.  We will give it to NTIA, and we committed already that we will
not change the proposal, that if we have views on that proposal, we should
participate with the community. Once that proposal comes from our
stakeholders, we will pass it on to NTIA as is.

***

I would read this as a commitment from ICANN and the Board.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

Red Branch Consulting, PLLC

509 C St. NE