[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding the Board's Comments and It's Obligations

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 8 23:07:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Not sure about buses, but I agree with the rest.  Given the Board's role
in the finalization of the Accountability WS1 plan, they are not, and
cannot be considered, ordinary participants in this process.

I think the Board members have three modes of interaction, at least:

- as individual participants who voices are as important as any other
individual voice, but whose opinions give us a clue as to what the Board
might do.
- as liaisons
- as members of the Board, where they have the power to mark our
recommendations with grades indicating their degree of acceptance. It is
the Board that is the gate on moving forward with any plan for ICANN
Accountabilty. These are the folks we had the Thursday meeting with.

I very much hope we can find a way to share making the decision on the
plan to be submitted to NTIA, because I think it is the only option at
this multistakeholder juncture.

avri