[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding the Board's Comments and It's Obligations

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 03:54:02 UTC 2015

Chris,

First, I would like to say that you and Bruce Tonkin have been models of
participation.  Other board members have participated from time to time,
but you have been through the process with us on a fairly regular basis --
both in calls and on the email list.

As far as the call with the Board as a whole, I think "participation" would
have looked far more collaborative and a lot less like we were being
overruled.  It would have looked more honest where there were points of
disagreement.  It would have looked like a Board looking for ways to make
our proposal work, rather than excising significant elements.  It would
have looked like a Board being more specific and explicit about points of
concern so that these could be solved, instead of relying on vague
characterizations that could not even be identified with enough specificity
to work through them.  It would have looked like a give-and-take process,
not the delivery of a counter-proposal.  It would have felt more engaged
and less scripted and spun.  It would have felt like the Board was seeking
understanding, rather than seeking to replace what it did not understand
(or understood, but did not like).

Greg