[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for WP4 Meeting | 11 September

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Mon Sep 14 04:55:57 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the WP-4 meeting on 11 September will be available here:
https://community.icann.org/x/MIRYAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Brenda

NOTES:

These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not
substitute in any way the transcript.

Agenda:

1. Review Greg's document

Greg's agenda:

1. Confirm tasks: (a) Briefing and Discussion Paper; (b) Proposed Bylaw language

2. Briefing and Discussion Paper to become part of next CCWG Report

3. Is there any further use for the text in the "High Level Wording"? (Should all or any part of it
be brought into the Briefing and Discussion Paper Draft)

4. Confirm which Google Doc we are working in going forward

5. Outline major points for Briefing and Discussion Paper

*        Why is this needed now -- NTIA "backstop" / "duty bearer" role going away

*        What Human Rights are we referring to? -- UDHR, United Nations Guiding Principles on
Business and Human Rights (Ruggie Principles), International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights,
ICT Sector Guide on implementing Ruggie Principles, etc.

*        Fundamental Rights vs. Human RIghts

*        What does "respecting" Human Rights mean [assumes we adopt that language in Bylaw]?

*        How do Human Rights apply in the ICANN context?

*        How will this be implemented?

*        Does this create new rights/obligations within ICANN or simply confirm existing ones?