[CCWG-ACCT] comments from Ira Magaziner

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Wed Sep 16 05:45:55 UTC 2015

On capture there are some interesting paras within the ICG-proposal which perhaps could be also considered as an element:

58 The combined proposal does not replace NTIA’s role with a government or inter-governmental organization.
59 The names proposal replaces NTIA’s various roles as they relate to the naming functions with the combination of ICANN, the CSC, and the IFR, none of which are governments or inter-governmental organizations. Establishing the PTI as an affiliate of ICANN allows the community to rely on ICANN’s accountability mechanisms and safeguards to prevent capture, including by governments.
60 Although a government that operates a ccTLD may become a member of the CSC, governments are expected to comprise at most a minority of the CSC. The IFR is a multistakeholder entity with limited membership seats for governmental entities.

Regards

Jorge