[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding definitions of consensus

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Fri Sep 18 07:01:09 UTC 2015

Dear Bruce,

don't you think that there would still be a risk of capture by "activist" SO/ACs?

or is there some other kind of brake which would avoid that one or two SO/AC abuse the MEM process to block/paralyse the organisation?

In addition: when reading the Board proposals I remember this sentence (p. 58): "For example, a decision to exercise the community power could require at least two SOs to support exercising the community power, and no more than one AC providing advice against exercising the community power."

Would that mean for instance that for example two SOs could prevail with spilling the whole Board, even when another SO would abstain, another AC would oppose and a second AC would be unable to decide due to an internal stalemate?

Shouldn't it be so that the thresholds should be calculated on the basis of all existing SO and AC? For instance, now we have 3 SOs and 2+2 ACs (if I remember well). Shouldn't the required majority be calculated on that basis?

Otherwise we could end up with only 2 SOs deciding for the community as a whole - which would not meet the required "multistekeholder" principle.

thanks

Jorge