[CCWG-ACCT] Your public comment re replacement of IANA provider

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Sep 21 00:03:34 UTC 2015

Hello Nigel,

>>  What I find interesting is that the Board, instead of merely pointing out the disagreements or potential workability issues with the CCWG's plan, has put together its own competing bid

Yes - we could indeed have simply posted a note saying what sections of the proposal we didn't like.  After the first public comment period we took the approach of asking lots of questions, but my sense was this didn't help in any way.

However we thought it would be much more constructive to make positive suggestions in each case where we weren't in complete agreement.  We spent a lot of time trying to be as explicit as possible with suggestions we thought met the same goal but was an alternative for the CCWG to consider.

The only area I think you could call a "competing bid" - was to propose how to achieve enforceability without changing to a single member model.    We assumed that the common goal though was to increase accountability and ensure it was enforceable.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin