[CCWG-ACCT] MEM and enforceability

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 22 13:07:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would prefer that we avoid needing to use the courts for that purpose.

One of the things I argued for in the development of the CM is that
relying on the courts would always be as a last resort.  Not the initial
guarantee.  For the multistakeholder model to work we need to resolve
the accountability issue within the expanding community as much as possible.

This easy resort to US courts is something I find problematic.  If the
Board's response to an disagreement is "take us to court if you don't
like it," we will have failed.

avri