[CCWG-ACCT] MEM and enforceability

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Sep 22 13:18:29 UTC 2015

Hello Avri,

>>  This easy resort to US courts is something I find problematic.  If the Board's response to an disagreement is "take us to court if you don't like it," we will have failed.

Exactly.   I am a strong supporter of the independent review mechanism, ensuring the outcomes are binding, and only relying on courts in the unlikely situation that the Board tries to overturn such a decision.   I hope it never comes to needing to take the matter to court.   WE do need to make sure there is a path for taking it to court, but not put all our effort into the 1% situation.   Most of the effort in my view should be to get the independent review mechanisms right.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin