[CCWG-ACCT] MEM and enforceability

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Tue Sep 22 13:40:51 UTC 2015

Chris,

Sorry for chiming in but I believe the point below deserves our full
attention. It is indeed apparent in some contributions that the key
concern about the single member model lies in a (at least perceived)
lack of accountability of the SO and ACs.

The CCWG report was recommending to add SO/AC accountability to the list
of topics reviewed on a regular basis under the Board's supervision. And
work further in WS2. This did not seem to properly address the concerns.

Did the Board spend time considering what enhancements to SO/AC
accountability systems would bring these bodies to a level of
accountability which would be felt appropriate ? Or what the current
(perceived, at least) accountability issues were ?

It would immensely valuable to our group if you or other Board members
(or other stakeholders who shared that view) could provide additional
details on this, because I believe this is absolutely central in the
discussion regarding the single member model, but may not have been
totally, explicitly stated so far.

Best,
Mathieu

--