[CCWG-ACCT] Summary of current Board sentiment

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Sep 27 00:18:40 UTC 2015

Hi all

I think it is worth also putting on the record Steve's clarification in the
Adobe room:

"The Board does not support the single member model.  We are unified in
wanting to work with the community to find practical solutions to achieve
the additional levels of accountability sought by the community including
the ability to remove Board members and the whole Board, requiring
community approval of bylaws changes, and requiring the Board to work with
the community to reach consensus on strategic plans, operating plans and
budgets."

My understanding from this and from the rest of Steve's remarks this
afternoon is quite clear: it is that if the CCWG comes to consensus around
the Single Member model, the Board will not accept that proposal.

Bruce, Steve, any other directors:

If I am wrong, please let me know.

thanks,
Jordan

On 26 September 2015 at 17:05, Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am hearing that there may have been some misunderstandings of Steve's
> comments earlier about the willingness of the Board to work with the CCWG
> and the wider community on implementing the accountability improvements.
>
> I just want to clarify:
>
> The Board supports the Board public comments that were sent a couple weeks
> ago.
>
> The Board supports the improvements to accountability recommended by the
> CCWG - including improvements to the IRP, processes to remove Board members
> and the whole Board, requiring community approval of bylaws changes, and
> requiring the Board to work with the community to reach consensus on
> strategic plans, operating plans and budgets.
>
> The Board is very open to continuing to work with the CCWG to find the
> most effective way of implementing these important accountability changes.
>  The Board put forward the MEM proposal for consideration by the CCWG as an
> alternative to the single member model for enforcement of new
> accountability measures in the bylaws, but recognizes that there may be
> other alternatives that are more effective.    The discussions in the CCWG
> this afternoon  highlight that there is a way forward to discuss how to
> effectively implement  the accountability improvements.
>
> Regards,
> Bruce Tonkin

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *