[CCWG-ACCT] Communications Ideas

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Sun Sep 27 14:48:29 UTC 2015

On 27/09/15 15:26, James Gannon wrote:
> Hi All,
> As someone said during the meeting yesterday (I can’t remember who it
> was) I think some of our issues are around our communications, as the
> person said “What we have here is a failure to communicate”.

I agree with this but.

Actually, I think the Board particularly Fadi and Steve have done a
great job in communicating, at least yesterday.

What we havein reality is a failure to engage with the consequences of
what they are saying.

Which is understandable, it is of such import that it will take some
time to realise that you think you've been playing chess when your
opponent is playing Texas Hold 'Em.

Let me try my understaning:

Unless there is a common proposal to NTIA, the transition will not (and
MAY NEVER) happen.

Unless the community give up the idea of ICANN having members (whether
one or seven billion) the Board will not agree a common proposal.

Where that leaves is is fairly clear.