[CCWG-ACCT] Summary of current Board sentiment

avri doria avri at ella.com
Mon Sep 28 13:26:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

Or we may have to realize that the Board's fear of the community and the FUD about what we might do, is so great that they will never be able to accept a membership model. The historical and continuing aversion of ICANN's Board and legal advisers to the notion of allowing the community to have any kind of membership may just be part of its nature and something they are incapable of 'blinking' about. It may be the threshold ceiling this experiment in bottom up multistakeholder process can never move beyond. ICANN may, by its very nature and history, never be able to become fully what it aspires to be recognized as.

It then may be up to the community to decide to take whatever crumbs of accountability we can get.  One thing I am certain of, one way or another, ICANN will come out of this process changed. It will either continue to lead in developing a true multistakeholder model. Or it may just settle into a slow decline as another organization that never lived up to its promise.

avri

Sent from a T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

of course we must give special attention to the Board. Stare them in the face until they blink :-)-O

el

--
Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini