[CCWG-ACCT] Work plan to Dublin

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Sep 28 17:46:35 UTC 2015

I suggest we add a first agenda item "Review of Agenda" to all meetings,
and secondly that as we get back into stride, draft agendas are circulated
for review and debate where possible - and a final agenda taking that into
account arriving no later than 12h before the meeting (pref 24h).

On 29 September 2015 at 06:14, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By and large looks reasonable.
>
> on slide 7
>
> > co-ordination by new small group (SO/AC reps, Board, Lawyers, ) to
> > limit risk of friction, no decision making.
>
> While seeing this as possibly useful, I would also hope to minimize the
> amount of topic framing and agenda setting done by this smaller
> authoritative group.
>
> Which points to another issue, which is the degree to which the agendas
> for meetings are not subject to participant review and especially that
> the opening of the meeting does not give the participants the ability to
> amend the agenda.  While I respect the difficulty of the problems the
> chairs must deal with, I do believe that they have been a  bit too
> autocratic at times and that this has, perhaps, interfered with our
> ability to resolve issues.  For example the fact that we were prevented
> from discussing the implications of the competing models in this last
> F2F meeting have left us with unexplored fundamental disagreements and
> questions that should have been asked.
>
> avri
>

> On 28-Sep-15 12:47, Mathieu Weill wrote:
> > Dear Colleagues,
> >
> > In anticipation of a discussion during our meeting tomorrow, please
> > find attached a set of slides to suggest a way forward, for the
> > group's consideration.
> >
> > Thank you for your feedbacks.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Thomas, Leon & Mathieu

> ---

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *