[CCWG-ACCT] Work plan to Dublin

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:41:07 UTC 2015

We can choose a less adversarial term than "battle".  How about
"harmonization"?

Either way, I think the comparison and working through of the issues in the
two models was the elephant and the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.  Indeed, I
think it was the 800 lb. gorilla riding an elephant around the perimeter of
the room for 2 straight days....  And the gorilla is riding the elephant
still.

As far as agenda suggestions go, I suggest we deal with the contrasting and
attempted harmonization of the models, and with getting (in explicit and
concrete terms) the concerns that the Board has with the Member, and
determining whether they can be resolved.  Some may be a result of
misunderstandings, some may be capable of dialogue (if you don't want to
call it negotiation) and solution, and some (but hopefully none) may be
insoluble (and even the insoluble ones can almost certainly be minimized).

I expected this, and review of the comments, to be the prime subjects of
the F2F.  Since they weren't we now need to deal with them.

Greg