[CCWG-ACCT] Communications Ideas

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at actonline.org
Mon Sep 28 21:34:30 UTC 2015

Cindy Crawford
Super Model
The Word's Next Top Model
ICANN's Next Top Model

-----Original Message-----
From: accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org [mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Malcolm Hutty
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 5:28 PM
To: Kieren McCarthy <kieren at kierenmccarthy.com>
Cc: CCWG Accountability <accountability-cross-community at icann.org>; Lisse Eberhard <directors at omadhina.net>
Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] Communications Ideas

> On 28 Sep 2015, at 20:06, Kieren McCarthy <kieren at kierenmccarthy.com> wrote:
>
> * Last suggestion: stop calling it the "single member model". Call it something that makes immediate sense to everyone and has a positive feel to it. That way people can understand it. And you give the Board a way to save face.

Kieran,

Thank you for your thoughtful professional advice. We would do well to follow it. On the except I quote above, though, do you have a suggested alternative?

The advantage of the term "Single Member Model" is that it is clearly states i) it is a membership model and ii) there is only one member. That has a certain frank simplicity compared to, say, the "super re-empowered community inclusivity model"; anything else that comes across as a collection of buzzwords is unlikely to be more convincing.

Malcolm.