[CCWG-ACCT] Communications Ideas

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Mon Sep 28 21:39:55 UTC 2015

> On 28 Sep 2015, at 20:30, Nigel Roberts <nigel at channelisles.net> wrote:
>
> the Board are still against it and therefore it won't happen.

I don't accept such defeatism. We need to continue to work to improve our proposal to make it the best it can be: taking into account Board input, but not merely deferring to their preference. And then we must report. As Kieren puts it

"Tell that to Congress and then let ICANN Corporate explain why their approach is better."

If we do that we will have discharged our duty, to faithfully propose the means by which oversight of ICANN can be transitioned to the global multistakeholder community. If higher powers then decide that they don't actually like the idea of such transition when they see what it truly looks like, well that's on them. My guess is that they would be much more loath to reject the considered community view than we now suppose.

If, on the other hand, we submit a proposal we know to be flawed out of an untested fear that others demand such flaws, then posterity will condemn us, not them.