[CCWG-ACCT] Follow up from the F2F in LA

Steve Crocker steve.crocker at icann.org
Tue Sep 29 06:39:31 UTC 2015

Mathieu, (and Leon and Thomas),

Thanks for your very kind, forward-looking and comprehensive message.  I apologize for not responding immediately.  I was totally consumed today chairing the Board retreat.  It was an intense day but it was also productive.

As you have suggested, your message has been shared with our full Board, and I have copied them in this response.

As we proposed on Saturday, we have assigned Cherine Chalaby, Rinalia Abdul Rahim and Bruce Tonkin to work closely with the three of you and with the SO/AC chairs.  Rinalia and Bruce will be in transit during the call in about twelve hours, but Cherine will be present and active.  In addition, Fadi will be on the call, per your agenda, and I will attend, primarily to listen.

In my view, we are actually in close agreement on all of the major requirements, and we’re also in close agreement on the method of implementation on many of those requirements.  I am hopeful it will be possible to work out the details for the rest fairly soon.

With respect to your requests to share briefing materials and to have you co-chairs brief board on new developments, those are excellent suggestions and we readily agree.  We will also look into adjusting the schedule in Dublin along the lines you are suggesting.

We are looking forward to the CCWG call in just over twelve hours and we look forward to frequent and substantive interaction over the next several days.

Steve