[CCWG-ACCT] A way to avoid the 'The Single Member Can Do Anything!' problem

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 30 04:39:32 UTC 2015

Someone mentioned that to me as well. It is incorrect. But I am not
absolutely sure what the correct number is.

To amend the Articles of Incorporation or the Bylaws takes a 2/3 vote
of the entire Board - 11 presuming all seats are filled. I would have
thought that the threshold to dissolve is as high as that to amend
the AoI. But I couldn't find that written anywhere.

According to the California Corporation Law, dissolution requires a
majority of Directors to sign the certificate of dissolution, so
presuming a full complement of directors, that would be 9.

So the correct answer is probably 9, but it could be 11.

Alan