[CCWG-ACCT] A way to avoid the 'The Single Member Can Do Anything!' problem

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Wed Sep 30 16:38:02 UTC 2015

In my view, a balanced and constructive solution would be to blend James' and Kavouss' suggestions:

1. The GAC, SSAC and RSSAC remain advisory (no voting), but otherwise participate actively in the Single Member body/forum, etc.
2. The GAC could also have special advisory status within the Single Member body/forum, etc. similar to that of its relationship to the Board.

This would mirror the current structure, ensure full participation, and not erode the GAC's important role and function in the community.

Might the GAC support this? Could the GAC formally propose this?

That said, I'm not confident this would resolve the Board's concerns with membership, so we will need to consider all options available to deliver community empowerment, including variations of the sole designator implementation.

Regards,
Keith