[CCWG-ACCT] A way to avoid the 'The Single Member Can Do Anything!' problem

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Sep 30 16:45:31 UTC 2015

Let's be Frank, here.

I'm not entirely unreceptive to the view expressed to me by at least one
Board member regarding the idea of a quick win.

HOWEVER, despite the fairly emphatic nature of the Board's objection to
membership model, I do not believe I have read or heard any rationale or
reasons for their, apparently unanimous, position.

Personally I have serious doubts about the Single Member model,
although, probably, they are not the same doubts as the Board's.

But that is the outcome of this WG, and it should not tear up months of
work without a rationale. This is simply the IFWP and history repeating
itself, otherwise.

Apparently there is some legal difference of opinion between Sidleys and
Jones Day on the technicalities. But I do not beleive that can be the
only reason.

So, can someone please explain, in simply, preferable non legalistic
terms why

(a) the CCWG proposal is unsuitable
(b) the Board's proposal is more suitable.