[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Bylaws Drafting - Questions

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 04:23:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

This implies that you(some) don't think board should be able to remove it's
members. While I wonder why you have such view, I don't think that its a
question/response we should be sending to the lawyers as it is a decision
the CCWG has to made.

In the past, we have pushed so much question to the lawyers without
actually indicating what we want. It is my hope that we will avoid that at
this stage; we should always indicate what we want so layers can advice on
how we may go about it (if at all possible).

That said, I think we need to recognise the implication of what you've
said; it implies that a community process will need to be put in place to
get the EC's approval and I wonder how long that would take. The other
question from that is what the status of the menber would be during that
process. I don't know of any organisation that makes its board so dependent
in the manner you are proposing.

Andrew raised a valid concern about possibility of board removing a member
that was re-appointed (within the same term). While I believe such scenario
would be so extreme and close to impossible, as I have earlier said a way
to approach it could be to subject subsequent removal to actual approval of
EC. However the Co-Chairs in their wisdom has thrown the question of "how
to achieve what we want" to the lawyers which I believe is in order. I do
think we should be setting processes that helps the board know the
consequences of their actions and not the one that always prevents them
from acting.

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos