[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Proposed Responses to questions onDraft Bylaws

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Apr 11 16:28:55 UTC 2016

I agree, the carve out is complicated.   To me that means we should remove the GAC as a voting member in the EC.

Seriously, Rafael – it is most unseemly to try and change the CCWG agreement through back door machinations.  We all were aware of the frequency of GAC advice – that is precisely why some of us didn’t want the GAC to vote at all.  But if we have agreed to that, then we should stand on the principle articulated – that any consensus advice from the GAC is subject to the carve out.  Period.  Full stop.  End of story.  Here is the text of the CCWG agreement: “If the GAC chooses to participate as a Decisional Participant in the Empowered Community, it may not participate as a decision-maker in the Empowered Community’s exercise of a Community Power to challenge the ICANN Board’s implementation of GAC consensus advice (referred to as the “GAC carve-out”).”

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweigesq at redbranchconsulting.com> paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com

O: +1 (202) 547-0660