[CCWG-ACCT] The whois/RDS-RT bylaw vs. current activities

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 28 14:39:45 UTC 2016

We definitely do need an integrated picture, but
at the first level, I think that should be a staff function.

Perhaps one can target the review, but I see a
real danger of diverting resources (people, time
and energy) from the other efforts, with the
possibility of even stalling or delaying them.

With regard to the Board directing a RT on what
they must focus on, I have no problem with
suggestions, but more than that I see as the
Board restricting the freedom of the RT. The AoC
did that by being very prescriptive and the
wording in the proposes Bylaws gives a RT (and
particularly the ATRT) a lot of latitude to
decide on what the important issues are at that specific point in time.

Alan