[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Acct Hyderabad Meeting and Travel Funding Process for Members

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 3 19:15:16 UTC 2016

At 03/08/2016 04:14 AM, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

>On 2 Aug 2016 5:57 p.m., "Karen Mulberry"
><<mailto:karen.mulberry at icann.org>karen.mulberry at icann.org> wrote:
> >

> > NOTE:  In evaluating the applications for travel funding the
> Co-Chairs will consider applicant's attendance to CCWG meetings and
> their contributions to the ongoing work.
> >

>SO: I encourage Co-Chairs to be very careful with this one. A member
>what it is and evaluation should be based on that; it should remain
>within the scope of respective appointing SO/AC to determine if such
>a member is performing or not.

Careful, certainly, but this must be a criteria for exceptional
travel funding by the CCWG.

We are in a new world where the CCWG will be allocated a finite (and
modest) amount of travel funding. If that budget is exceeded or to
justify next year's funding if we are still running, we will have to
demonstrate that we are using the funds effectively. As the Chair one
of the chartering organizations I expect no less.

Alan