[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript link for CCWG Accountability WS2 Meeting #3 - 9 August 2016

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Tue Aug 9 22:17:55 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Meeting #3 - 9 August 2016 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/YwObAw

A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer
MSSI Projects & Operations Assistant
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

Action Items
*        Action Item -  could all CCWG members be placed in the same hotel to facilitate exchanges?
*        Action Item - staff to draft a letter of appreciation for Grace Abuhamad for the Co-Chairs.
*        Action Item - need to accept the changes in the Google doc and update the PDF for HR Subgroup
Notes

1.  Welcome, SoI: Leon Sanchez
*        Kavouss Arasteh: two additional items for agenda - 1 letter of appreciation for Grace Abuhamad for her two years of service. 2 All rapporteurs should sign a letter of impartiality to show they have no conflict of interest to avoid issues like in the CWG.
*        Leon Sanchez: support the first request but not the second. Our charter already covers this for the Co-Chairs and then by extension to any rapporteurs.
*        Kavouss Arasteh: LS your prerogative but disagree on the second.
*        Thomas Rickert: KA you always remind us that we must respect all. We did not request any such letter from our rapporteurs in WS1. Doing so now would break with precedent and could be seen as discrimination. However, let us use your comment to remind everyone of the charter.

2.  Updated Staff papers
*        Bernard Turcotte - All documents should be completed by the end of the week.
*        Niels ten Oever: need to accept the changes in the Google doc and update the PDF. ACTION ITEM for staff.

3.  Update on request regarding ATRT3
*        Thomas Rickert: Letter has been sent as of August 9th. Will advise when the ICANN Board replies.

4.  Dependencies between sub-groups
*        Thomas Rickert: the co-chairs in cooperation with the rapporteurs will closely monitor this to avoid any conflict on dependencies. this subject should be covered at each plenary meeting.
*        Sebastien Bachollet: I would propose to go a little further - I would ask all groups to identify any inter-dependencies with other groups early and advise those groups. This would help lessen potential conflicts.
*        Thomas Rickert: would ask rapporteurs to update the co-chairs on this in two weeks.

5.  ICANN 57 Travel
*        Leon Sanchez: reminder of the deadline for applications and reminder of the policy rules.
*        Kavouss Arasteh: could all CCWG members be placed in the same hotel to facilitate exchanges. ACTION ITEM for staff.
*        Julie Hammer: This may not suit everyone as people may prefer to stay in the same hotel of their constituency.
*        Kavouss Arasteh: people should be free to choose.
*        Sonigitu Ekpe; what is the difference between members and participants. Members are appointed by their respective SOACs.

6.  AOB & Closing
*        Kavouss Arasteh: reject the notion of using any particular law in the jurisdiction sub-group. Leon Sanchez: since the group has not met yet it is too early to make any judgements - let us see what the actual group does.
*        Greg Shatan: Co-Rapporteur of the jurisdiction - we should not go in with pre-conceptions but we should not make these up either. I also declare I am neutral in this matter and look forward to work with all in the sub-group.
*        Leon Sanchez: reminder to everyone to participate in their selected groups.
*        Action Item - staff to draft a letter of appreciation for Grace Abuhamad for the Co-Chairs.
*        Leon Sanchez: Adjourned.