[CCWG-ACCT] Clarifying the Observer Role in the Subgroups

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Aug 14 18:57:08 UTC 2016

Perhaps I am alone, but I find it useful to
listen to meetings when they are happening as
opposed to after the fact. Perhaps I am just
insufficiently disciplined, but going back and
listening to recordings is something I often just
don't get to. Listening live also has the benefit
of being able to back-channel Skype to those on the call.

The AC and dial-in bridge for the GNSO Council
meetings is strictly controlled. A few years ago,
they set up an audio stream accessible via the
web for people to listen in real time (if I
remember correctly, it was done partially or largely at Avri's request).

I have no idea what it costs, but I suspect the
ongoing costs are minimal and the only effort is
to connect the audiocast to the teleconference
audio stream at the start of the meeting. Perhaps this can be investigated.

Messages to the general list saying the meetings
will happen is also desirable, even if not linked
to the AC and bridge info. It is a push technology instead of pull.

Alan