[CCWG-ACCT] [community-finance] IANA Stewardship Transition - Project Expenses - FY16 Q3 update

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Sun Aug 21 18:16:28 UTC 2016

I must be a bit dense here. For me much of this */transparency
discussion/* reads like a badminton game where the topic (the birdie) is
being batted up and down, back and forth.

Shouldn’t we be looking for enlightenment as to what is an appropriate
transparency regime for ICANN. Transparency is a means to accountability
and we should be able to critique existing ICANN transparency regime
from an accountability vantage point, and work toward an improved ICANN
transparency regime by starting from two poles.

- First, in ICANN’s multistakeholder governance model what might
accountability require in terms of transparency?

- Second, what are the “best practice” models of transparency that we
can benefit from as we review, critique, and advise on a best practice
transparency strategy for ICANN?

Sam L.

(/tempted but won't change Subject: line //:-(/)