[CCWG-ACCT] Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Wed Dec 14 10:05:37 UTC 2016

Dear CCWG

I apologize for not being able to attend today’s call due to other prior engagements.

Let me add that I’m in support of sending out all 4 questions prepared in the Jurisdiction Group.

I feel that at this point of our discussions, where we are trying to gather as many facts, experiences and reasoned opinions as possible which are relevant for the influence that ICANN’s jurisdiction has on its operations and accountability mechanisms, we should not rule out questions (as question nr. 4) that have been considered important by an important part of the Subgroup (in fact, by a slight majority of it).

At later stages we may determine whether ingoing responses regarding that question are factual or are mere opinions without a well-founded basis.

At this moment I think that excluding relevant questions could give rise to wrong perceptions and could potentially prevent us from knowing relevant experiences/assessments covered only by question nr. 4.

@staff: please note these comments in the relevant part of the call.

Thanks and
Best regards

Jorge