[CCWG-ACCT] Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Dec 19 14:14:21 UTC 2016

On Monday 19 December 2016 07:15 PM, avri doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree that the question is biased.  it tests a solution, and I thought
> we were supposed to avoid solutions in the questions.
>
> I John's question can work if you drop 'changing'
>

> "What are the advantages or disadvantages, if any, relating to ICANN’s jurisdiction*, particularly with regard to the actual operation of ICANN’s policies and accountability mechanisms?"

Advantages and disadvantages are always relational, never absolute. I
agree with those who say that if we speak of them in relation to ICANN's
current jurisdiction, the same should also be done for any possible
alternatives (a separate question was also suggested for it)

And so perhaps

"What are the advantages or disadvantages, if any, relating to ICANN’s jurisdiction*, /*and of any possible alternatives*/, particularly with regard to the actual operation of ICANN’s policies and accountability mechanisms?"

Parminder