[CCWG-ACCT] Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Dec 20 09:29:08 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 20 December 2016 02:15 AM, John Laprise wrote:

> I was not disputing the existence of jurisdictional issues. I was
> pointing out the implausibility of the idea that the governments of
> the world would grant jurisdictional immunity to ICANN

Only US has to agree, why would other govs not agree, they are the ones
who badly want a global gov system not to be under one gov.

> in the absence of precedent.

Apart from there being many kinds of precedents, do you know of a
precedent of the Internet, or of ICANN, or of the digitally integrated
global systems .... The world and its governance systems did not grow
always just looking to copy a precedent. They grew by looking outwards,
and innovating.... parminder