[CCWG-ACCT] RES: Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 24 17:19:02 UTC 2016

I  support Sam's suggestion that a separate CCWG [or something] address the core issue of jurisdiction.

I spent 3 years and many hours [many, many hours] with a reflection of a deputy SecGen of the UN during the President's Strategy Working Group.

I had access to international legal advice.  So, it did not matter what I "thought". It mattered what was actually an international legal perspective.

I think we need to understand that opinions matter but this is a highly legal issue and we cannot short cut it by taking opinions.

I support Sam's suggestion. Such a sub group or new group could then advise into the CCWG.

BUT, really global legal expertise matters here.