[CCWG-ACCT] RES: Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 05:52:00 UTC 2016

Hello Kavouss,

I like to correct a word in my last mail. Where I used "don't" I meant to
use "do", I expected that my footer message would have saved me but
apparently it didn't (Considering your accusation of not being coherent
which I think wasn't appropriate). ;-)

Let me now make a second attempt to state my view (even though I think it
was clear from that previous mail), while also addressing your comments

1. Like Martin, I am also curious to know what problem exists to warrant
change of jurisdiction.

2. I expect that is what question 4 is trying to achieve. Hence I suggested
we push it and see what response comes from it. Even though I feel it's
going to cost us but I have come to realise it's better that it's done soon
enough than later. So we can at least have a coherent outcome of an MS
process to refer to in future when such subject comes up.

3. In this process I am participating as an individual and not as official
representative of any of the COs. While it's good to have camp(sides); i.e
people with similar views against the other, I don't think one can draw
that line clearly on this particular subject of discussion yet. However,
you will certainly have definite response soon but it will be based on the
individual issues raised about jurisdiction (which I expect has to be fact
based). Alberto has raised a few questions that I personally will also use
 to analyse the issues to be raised in response to question 4.

4. Thanks for raising the .Africa issue and yes I am significantly
concerned but there is a saying in my language "if we decide to burn a
snake by its length we may burn the house as well". So while I am also not
happy with how that event went so far, I don't think it's a reason to
change ICANN's incorporation. Definitely, it may be good to discuss
measures to put in place by ICANN to avoid getting to that level in future
and I look forward to that discussion (if it has not already happened
internally).

5. I remain proudly African, "an actual volunteer" definitely may not be as
committed as some others but without "governmental or business interest" in
this process.

Finally Kavouss, I do hope my view and stand on this subject is now clear
enough even though this is a little bit longer than my previous posts.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos