[CCWG-ACCT] The crusade for clarity continues

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Dec 30 08:23:51 UTC 2016

On Friday 30 December 2016 04:29 AM, John Laprise wrote:

> "Any stable jurisdiction where the corporate law provides suitable
> accountability would do."
>
> This is the crux of the argument regarding jurisdiction. Until
> advocates of ICANN relocation can identify a superior jurisdiction
> acceptable to all,

For the present let me keep the possibility of international law's
jurisdiction apart, can you tell me how keeping ICANN as US non profit
but with jurisdictional immunities under US's International Orgs
Immunities Act is not a superior jurisdictional status that the current
one?

Acceptable to all, that is the interesting part; we wont have had
abolishing of slavery in the US if it awaited acceptance by all. A small
group benefiting form the status quo cannot hold the global public to
ransom. If it does insists in doing so, citing self-serving procedural
stuff, that the change will be forced to come from other, perhaps less
palatable, routes.... parminder