[CCWG-ACCT] The 60 percent solution

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 1 21:25:15 UTC 2016

If we are seriously going to consider the 60% option, we need to be precise.

- The current option is majority, which is greater than 50%
- the 2rd draft proposal is supermajority or equal to or greater than 66 2/3%

In this case, are we talking about equal to or
greater than 60%, or just greater than 60%?
Depending on the number of Board Members voting
at the time, it could make a difference.

For 16 Board members, both yield 10, but it
differs for 15, 10 and 5 (the latter hopefully being irrelevant!).

Alan