[CCWG-ACCT] Summary of proposals discussed last night in context of Rec. #11

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 23:20:51 UTC 2016

Dear CCWG members and participants

Dear GAC Members

 At CCWG call 81 ,in discussing REC.11 Annex 11 there was two alternatives
for rejection of GAC Advice by the Board

   1.

   2/3 Majority
   2.

   Simple MAJORITY

Since there was a lengthy discussion, I proposed a compromise of 60%
instead of THRESHOLD IN 1) and 2) above WITHOUT TOUCHING ANY ELEMENT OF
rec.1 which was accepted by consensus

Someone talked about a creative action and proposed to retain 2/3 Majority
in Rec.11 .Annex 11 but modify REC 1 by adding a phrase at paragraph 23 of
that Rec , if I am not mistaken.

That proposal was made by Beckie .

These two proposal were on the table without being mutually inclusive

Today I observed that people not only wants to Modify Rec 1 ; disabling GAC
to exercise its community power  not to be counted as one of the TWO SO/AC  IN
CASE other part of comity invoke IRP in regard with ICANN action relating
to GAC Advice alleged to exceed ICANN Mission  while maintaining 2/3
majority in Rec 11 BUT ALSO LOWERING THAT THRESHOLD TO 60%

This combination is inconsistent with my proposal

Moreover such course of action has not formally been approved, even if
 unilaterally
suggested by some people at the meeting and thus such amended proposal was
not formally given to Beckie Group to discuss .

Since the proponent of amended BECKIE PROPOSAL insisting on his views,

*I  have  formally withdrawn my initial 60% threshold proposal* and stated
that *apart from Beckie initial proposal*, *no other alternative proposal
could discussed at Beckie’s group without the approval of CCWG*

Regards

Kavouss   .