[CCWG-ACCT] Recommendation 4 - Board Removal Liability - Proposed Indemnification Language

Samantha Eisner Samantha.Eisner at icann.org
Wed Feb 3 12:05:44 UTC 2016

Dear CCWG -

To further the discussion on Recommendation 4, Board Removal Liability, I am providing two documents on behalf of ICANN.

First is a proposed addition to ICANN's Bylaws that specifically allows for indemnification for statements made in the Board removal process (in initiation of the Community Forum, during the Community Forum, or in written rationale) that were made in good faith and with due diligence as to veracity.  This language reflects the CCWG's suggestions made during the 26 January call that limiting indemnification only to written rationale was probably not enough.

Second, we are providing some thoughts on how we can assist community members participating in a removal process in assessing the good faith nature of their assertions as they are participating.  We think that developing some guidelines will give participants confidence in working through the Board removal process.

Thanks,

Sam Eisner