[CCWG-ACCT] Concern over Proposed Core Value 5 (as per CCWG ACCT 82 discussion)

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Feb 3 17:46:15 UTC 2016

Dear Becky,

the way the sentence is constructed is somehow ambiguous:
""Introducing and promoting competition in the registration of domain
names where practicable and beneficial in the public interest as
identified through the bottom-up,  multistakeholder policy development
process."

So it is the "public interest" that should be identified through the
bottom-up, multistakeholder policy development process, not the
introduction and promotion of competition. Are you asserting this should
be done through a PDP?

Also, please be so kind to clarify the "potentially unintended
consequences flowing from breaking the link"

Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html