[CCWG-ACCT] Board communication to CCWG - 4 February 2016
Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Feb 4 07:25:02 UTC 2016
The Board met in Singapore yesterday and discussed several of the CCWG recommendations.
Attached is the summary of the outcome of those discussions.
The topics covered include:
* Recommendation 4 - Board Removal Liability Mitigation - extended the indemnification
* Recommendation 6 - The proposed Bylaw on Human rights - agreed to incorporate a human rights bylaw with proposed text
* Recommendation 5 - The Mission Statement - agreed to principles around content regulation and enforcement of agreements
* Recommendation 9 - AoC reviews - recommending separation of review team members that will do the review, and "observers" that should be able to engage with the members and provide inputs to and feedback on the review beyond simply the public comment process
* Recommendation 11 - GAC Advice and the Role of the Board - reiterated some earlier principles regarding how the Board currently treats GAC advice, and support for getting rationales from each of the Advisory committees for their advice
I will also separately send details under the relevant subject headings, to make it easier to digest for those with a particular interest in one of the topics above.
ICANN Board Liaison to the CCWG
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Board - CCWG - 4 February 2016.pdf
Size: 100857 bytes
Desc: Board - CCWG - 4 February 2016.pdf
More information about the Accountability-Cross-Community