[CCWG-ACCT] Let's keep the discussion focused

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Sat Feb 6 19:27:36 UTC 2016

I have seen nothing that I would say breaches expected standards, and
find the necessity for this polite reminder from the co-chairs a little
puzzling.

Nonetheless, I expect you had a good reason.

Courtesy is the lubricant of social intercourse, but I would emphasise
that we must not be afraid to say what we think, provided it does not
cross the line of discriminatory behaviour (i.e. discrimination against
what we, in UK law, call a 'protected characteristic')

Let us not, in the name of political correctness, stifle robust debate
because we are afraid that members and participants might not just be
disagreeing but might also be disagreeable.

I'm obliged to the Co-Chairs, and to the Members, for the opportunity to
say this.

Nigel