[CCWG-ACCT] Recommendation 6 and a way forward to include compromise text suggested by the Board

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Feb 8 09:20:55 UTC 2016

Hello Tijani

>>  - The Board seems to feel strongly that it would be advisable
	I would like Why it would be advisable for Board

>From a bylaws perspective - we felt that the Chartering organisations should have the option to split some of the work stream 2 topics into separate CCWG's with perhaps different membership that is most interested and/or skilled in the topic.

As Alan and others have pointed out though - we still envisage that each CCWG should have broad participation from multiple SOs and ACs and basically have the same ability for open participation as the CCWG on accountability.

I could imagine that some participants of the CCWG on Accountability would become members of a CCWG on human rights and attend every meeting, and some members may become participants (and monitor the mailing list and attend when available).

The CCWG on Accountability still remains as an option to do all the work in work stream 2 - it is up to the  chartering organisations to consider  how best to manage the work.   All we are doing is creating some flexibility.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin