[CCWG-ACCT] ALAC position on current discussion - carve-out and Board reaction

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 19 19:53:59 UTC 2016

This is not a formal statement of the ALAC which has not had the
opportunity to act on the current discussions, but is the position of
the advisory group that has been formulating the positions previously
ratified by the ALAC.

There are those within the group that have expressed concern with ANY
reduction from 4 to remove the Board (as evidenced by the minority
statement submitted by Tijani). There are also some who have
expressed an overall concern with the entire "GAC Carve-out".

Those views notwithstanding, the majority of participants in the
group supported the carve-out along with the restrictions specified
by the Board and incorporated into the current supplemental proposal
as an acceptable compromise. Based on Sam Eisner's recent
intervention, that is still the proposal on the table.

Neither the ALAC nor the advisory group has discussed Steve's final
proposal, but I suspect we would also agree to defer specification of
some of these details to implementation, if a way could be found to
word and ensure that commitment.

Alan