[CCWG-ACCT] Comments on the Supplemental

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 19 22:08:12 UTC 2016

My comments on the Supplemental Proposal

Core Proposal, top of page 21; Annex 2, page 13:
My recollection was that the threshold reduction
was to be allowed only in case (1) and that in
case (2), four would still be required (requiring
unanimity of the remaining four to remove the
Board). I am moderately sure that although (2)
was suggested by Becky, it was never agreed to by
the Board or the CCWG as a whole.

Core proposal, page 30, item 3: Typo - For THE avoidance

Core proposal, page 30, item 3; Annex 5, page 10,
item 3: This was supposed to also cover contract
renewal where the clauses in question were
unchanged from the previous contract. The current
wording says until "the expiration date" implying renewals are not covered.

Core proposal, page 48: Perhaps nitpicking, but
presumably the Bylaw should read "at least 60%"
since precisely 60% is not what was envisioned.

Annex 04, paragraph 120: I note that the requests
from the ALAC to soften the term "ensure" have
not been acted upon. No rules can "ensure"- they
can only be designed to meet the objective and
cannot prevent circumstances that might alter the
outcome.  The ALAC suggested the wording "SOs,
ACs, and the Nominating Committee will develop
processes designed to replace Interim Board members within 120 days."

Annex 09: There are several references to the RT
selection being made by the Chairs of the
"participating" SOs and ACs. Two issues: 1) I
don't recall any discussion limiting the
selectors to other than the full 7 AC/SOs.
Presuming a limitation was formally decided upon,
where is "participating" defined? Is it the
"Decisional Participants" in the empowered
community? If so, that defined term should be
used. Or some other definition provided.

Annex 09, page 5: I have pointed out many times
that based on prior review teams, the size of 21
is inflated. There is *NO* justification for
claiming it is "based on composition of prior
Review Teams". Prior review teams averaged 11.8
AC/SO members and never exceeded 13.

** END OF COMMENTS **