[CCWG-ACCT] Updated Proposal Documents Available for Review

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Feb 22 20:36:43 UTC 2016

Dear Mark and Jordan

If you would have asked me 72 hours ago I would have said that this was a discussion about a rare edge case.  Two things make me think otherwise now

First, is the fact that the Board has seen fit to make this a disruptive issue in the midst of what (as Ed Morris says) was intended as a 48 hour review period for typos and the like.  If the Board thinks it is important enough to address substantively then perhaps it is – though I still don’t see why.

Second, and more importantly, this is really a procedural test of the community.  If it cannot take, defend, and enforce a decision (whether an edge case or more significant) against the Board’s abuse of the process then it leaves me with little confidence that =any = of the accountability measures we have identified are going to be effective.  It takes fortitude to call a hierarchy to account.  If we don’t have it now, we are unlikely ever to have it.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweigesq at redbranchconsulting.com> paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com

O: +1 (202) 547-0660